Focus and Scope
Indonesian TESOL Journal (ITJ) published by LP2M IAIN Palopo is a biannual, refereed, open access, and practitioner-oriented electronic journal dedicated to enhancing and disseminating scholarly work of the current theory and research in the field of TESOL. It publishes both conceptual and research-based articles within the fields of teaching English as a foreign or second language, English language teaching and learning, and English language teachers' training and education. Then, it aims to provide a medium for second and foreign language scholars, researchers, teachers, and officials at any levels to involve in the ways that research and theorizing can inform, shape, and ground teaching practices and perspectives. In other words, it also provides a forum for the exchange of information and ideas among members of the profession worldwide about research- and theory-based practices as well as practice-oriented theorizing and research.
- Open Submissions
- Peer Reviewed
Peer Review Process
Indonesian TESOL Journal maintains the standards of doubled-peer review while increasing the efficiency of the process.
All research articles published in Indonesian TESOL Journal undergo full peer review, key characteristics of which are listed below:
- All research articles are reviewed by at least two suitably qualified experts.
- All publication decisions are made by the journals’ Editors-in-Chief on the basis of the reviews provided
- Members of the advisory international Editorial Boards lend insight, advice and guidance to the Editors-in-Chief generally and to assist decision making on specific submissions
- Managing Editors and Editorial Assistants provide the administrative support that allows Indonesian TESOL Journal to maintain the integrity of peer review while delivering rapid turnaround and maximum efficiency to authors, reviewers and editors alike.
- Indonesian TESOL Journal additionally benefits through the manuscript referral process from the high quality peer review conducted by established journals.
Peer review of referred papers:
Editors of Indonesian TESOL Journal will decide promptly whether to accept, reject, or request revisions of referred papers based on the reviews and editorial insight of the supporting journals. In addition, Editors will have the option of seeking additional reviews when needed. Authors will be advised when Editors decide further review is needed.
Peer review of novel submissions:
Articles submitted directly to Indonesian TESOL Journal will be fully peer reviewed by at least two appropriately qualified experts in the field selected by the Editor-in-Chief. The Editor-in-Chief will then decide whether to accept, reject or request revisions based on the reviews and comments received.
The Editor-in-Chief will decide whether each submission reports well-conducted research with conclusions supported by the data presented in the paper. Assessments of priority will not be a factor in decision-making, but all papers must make an incremental or novel addition to the literature.
Indonesian TESOL Journal (ITJ) published by LP2M IAIN Palopo is a biannual in which it publishes twice a year in the months of March and October at least 5 (five) articles for each issue or number. Therefore, this journal will publish at least 10 (ten) articles for each calender year.
Open Access Policy
This journal provides immediate open access to its content on the principle that making research freely available to the public supports a greater global exchange of knowledge. This journal does not require both processing and publishing charges.
This journal utilizes the LOCKSS system to create a distributed archiving system among participating libraries and permits those libraries to create permanent archives of the journal for purposes of preservation and restoration. More...